Christmas contests: How to use them to promote your brand?
Christmas is all about festivities and time to share with friends and family. But for marketers is one of the most stressful and tons of workload season of the year, not just because of an increase in sales, it’s more about the creativity that every marketer should put on every campaign and strategy. Christmas contests are like a classic strategy but one that still is working, just adapting it to the new times and for each brand, keep reading to find out more.
What are the Christmas contests?
Christmas Contests are different activities that every business and brand makes and promotes. That way, the brand can be noticed, and we can jump into the festive mood. These contests are not only to try to reduce the volume of the inventory that has been kept after the other seasons, but it’s also a way to engage more audience and to reward the clients’ loyalty.
Before social media platforms and digitalization, brands must proceed with these contests inside stores and headquarters, everything very traditional. With the benefits of social media, brands can have different contests at once and with exciting dynamics. All of them can be done online and through our digital devices, but that is the main reason why marketers struggle with Christmas contests. Creativity and tons of promotions are a must here!
Because of the different social media platforms, plus websites, online stores, and physical stores, contests can be various types. Check them out:
- Social media post: nowadays, it’s the most used and typical contest. Just post a photo or a video, and to participate, ask for a comment, like and share the post. To take it to the next level, you can ask for something specific on each comment, like a memory from a past Christmas, and the most original can win.
- ChatBot: here, you will use a messenger chatbot that can be more personalized and private for people that don’t want to share their comments in public. There are many ways to find and configure the right bit for you. Creativity is still a big part here, and you can reward every user that participates with a promo code to access discounts.
- Stories or Fleets: this feature that started on Instagram has taken over other social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, and now Twitter with its fleets. So speed contests can be done through them, the excellent point of these contests is a short time, but that is their main disadvantage. However, well-executed, they can be a quick and easy way to interact with the audience.
- Influencers: the use of famous influencers can do beautiful things to your brand. However, this must be worked with careful steps. You can use one of the ways stated above but with the influencer’s name and image.
Tips for using Christmas contests to promote your brand
Using Christmas contests to boost your brand’s image and sales are a great idea, but here we prepare some tips.
- There is no need to think that because your business is a new or small one, these contests are not for you. It’s precisely the contrary. They are perfect for selling your brand to the audience, so don’t be afraid to do one, be smart and creative.
- Make the rules as straightforward and more precise as possible. That way, people can be drawn to participate. The audience hates complicated steps, so keep it simple!
- Planification is the key, not just put the contest out there, and that’s all. A promotion and what platforms and types of posts you can do with it would be necessary, so when you decide to do one, design a strategy with different plans in advance.
- Time is another key factor. Christmas contests should start right after Black Friday to have a reasonable time frame to promote it, pick the winner or winners, and send the gifts to them.
- Think wisely of the rewards. They must suit the taste of the audience and also be linked to your business. If you have a bakery shop, you can easily pick a box of 24 cupcakes with Christmas decorations as a reward.
- Check the competition, maybe you can find inspiration with their contests and create one that can leave them forgotten. Sometimes the competition can even become your ally, and both of you can produce kind contests; after all, it is Christmas time.
- Talking about Christmas, the contests and the promotion’s image must be the most Christmassy ever, so don’t worry, there is nothing like too much Christmas.
After these tips and an inside of what Christmas contests are about, you are just in time to design, plan, and start one with your brand. Good luck with it!
Don’t miss any posts with our social media!
Facebook: 786 Marketing