Tips to Improve Your Video Calls
In these times, where many people are at home due to the quarantine, video calls have become the easiest way to communicate with coworkers, friends, and family members. But sometimes those calls can be boring or the same every day. Here, at 786 Magazine, we want to improve those minutes or hours with settings tips and funny features. Check them out!
Video calls apps
The most popular video calls and conferencing apps are Zoom, Skype, and FaceTime; they offer many features, tools, and different ways to communicate. Get to know them!
Eric Yuan is the founder and CEO of Zoom Video Communication, Inc., also known as Zoom app. The company exists since 2011, but it was in 2013 that the software was released. The platform is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. The headquarters are based in San Jose, California. Right now, the company is both, facing new popularity thanks to the quarantine, and under intense scrutiny for that.
Considered one of the oldest video call apps, Skype is still one of the favorites. 2003 was the year that the Swedes, Niklas Zennström and Dane Janus Friis, created the software. As part of a business transaction, Microsoft became its new owner in 2011. The software provides not only video chats and voice calls but also instant messaging services and video conference calls. It has an app for different devices and operating systems.
This app is for owners of Apple devices only, sadly. The software was released with the iPhone 4 in 2010, and it can now be used with any iOS device, from phones to smartwatches.
This is how you can improve your video calls
Now, the best part, how to use those fun features and settings during your video calls.
– Zoom allows you to change your screen background to show new scenery, far away from your living room, home office, or bedroom. Think about it; maybe you can have a conference from a paradisiac beach or even outer space. It can also be a loop video. The app offers many options, just check out the settings.
– Are you a fan of filters? Well, Zoom has a special feature named Retouch My Look. You can use it to make your skin look smoother, just like Instagram or Snapchat, but for your video calls. To use it, open the video settings and mark the Retouch my Look box.
– With Skype, you can blur the background in a video call and hide your physical setting. This feature uses artificial intelligence (AI) to keep the focus on your face. To activate the feature, tap the camera icon at the end of the screen and turn it on.
– You can record video messages when your friends or coworkers cannot pick up your video call. It can last up to 3 minutes, but it works better in the desktop version.
– Skype offers a real-time translator, which allows users to speak or write to people from other countries without the language barrier. The translator is available in ten languages, including English, Spanish, German, French, and Mandarin.
– The app allows you to use your customized avatar from Memoji or Animoji during a call. Just tap the Effects button and choose Memoji or Animoji.
– FaceTime also offers the option to use filters and effects similar to those of Instagram or Snapchat. You can find and play with them during the call, touching the screen and tapping the Effect button.
As you can see, each app offers different features in their settings to improve your video calls. Be creative and have a little fun as you spend quality time talking to friends and family members, or even as you hold important meetings with coworkers. Don’t forget to visit our website to check out our other interesting articles, and follow us on social media!
Facebook: 786 Marketing